Director, New Media 2001 to present
Day and Meyer, Murray & Young, Corp.
- Developed, designed, and launched Web site for custom mover/storage/shipping company specializing in fine art and antiques for U.S. and overseas clients.
- Developed and maintained digital inventories.
- Managed company-wide modernization including technology, network, database, mailing lists, and e-mail.
- Wrote and designed all corporate brochures and print ads.
Freelance Editor and Consultant 1999 to Present
- New York times Magazine : Consulted with Adam Moss to re-vamp front of the book.
- O Magazine: Worked with Amy Gross to establish magazine’s tone and trained junior staff.
- Mademoiselle: Wrote and edited pieces for features department.
- Lucky: Wrote and edited pieces for launch of this Conde Nast Magazine.
- XSeeksY.com: Developed interactive features and community areas of relationship site targeting twenty-and-thirty somethings.
- Style&Sense.com: Consulted during launch of this relationship content-rich Web site for men and women that covers the life cycle of relationships from initial meeting to breakup.
- Fine Living magazine and TV: Consulted on launch of both lifestyle media which are designed too inspire people to find the most rewarding ways to spend their time and money.
Writer-at-Large 1986 to 1999
- Allure: Created highly successful “Beauty and the Beat” column. Wrote numerous features, cover-lines, promotional materials.
- Vogue: Created and wrote humor column, “Talking Out of Turn.” Packaged and wrote editorial features, wrote reviews and display copy. Wrote the popular “People Are Talking About” column.
- Mirabella: Key member of start-up team, involved with every aspect of editorial. Created often quoted monthly feature, “The Affront Page.” Wrote features, fashion stories, cover lines, display copy.
Senior Editor 1983 to 1985
- Improved pop culture coverage.
- Created and edited “Vanities” section.
- Wrote humor and arts pieces.
Senior Editor 1982 to 1983
- Assigned and edited cultural features
- Worekd with a variety of writers from Joyce Wadler to Dominick Dunne.
Other Staff Positions 1974 to 1980
- Executive Editor, Soho News
- Senior Editor, New Times
- Staff Writer, The Village Voice
Cultural essays and reviews: Vanity Fair, The New York Times Book Review, New Times, O Magazine, Elle, Mademoiselle, Esquire, House & Garden, New Times, Oui, Penthouse.
Travel/adventure/sports stories: Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Sports & Fitness for Women, Skiing.
Humor pieces for: New York Times Magazine (“Endpaper”) and “Styles” section.
Regular columns: 7 Days (television), Soho News, The Village Voice
Copywriting: Estee Lauder, Ralph Lauren, Ultima II, Prescriptives, Bam Net, Addison Goldtstein & Walsh, New York Times advertorial.
- Microsoft Office
- Web design (Dreamweaver, Fireworks),
- Print Design (InDesign, Pagemaker,)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Experienced with web sites and blogs.
- PC and Mac networks and computer troubleshooting
- Capable of training staff in various computer and web applications.